Uncategorized

Walking Baby, Creations, & Etc.

September 17, 2014

Okay, I need to get better about updating this blog! Sometimes I get discouraged and think, “Does anyone really care what I have to share?” Maybe not?…Who cares?…I care? Oh, so many feelings—I lovingly blame the awesome little baby I’m currently growing for my overabundance of thoughts! 🙂 I need to start having more fun with this blog- it’s a happy little place that I can declare mine, other than my home, of course!

So, Hadley is officially walking, and I love everything about it. Maybe because I had 16 months of a non-walking child, that I truly appreciate how adorable it is seeing her toddle around. We presented her with some Stride Rites that fit her narrow little feet (how they are so narrow I just don’t know, neither Aaron nor I have that going on for us) and she was all smiles and filled with pride.
IMG_8508The other day, Hadley and I joined my father-in-law, sister-in-law, and my nieces and nephew for some coffee—or in my case, and nice, big, pumpkin muffin…I had to have my coffee right when I woke up, it was one of those days 😉 —and she loved showing off to all of them her walking skills. Her papa and cousin even walked to the nearby park with her. Sidenote: are you digging Hadley’s navy on navy outfit that’s happening? Her daddy dressed her, and just like you let a child express themselves by how they choose their attire, I think the same should go for dad’s…plus, I am willing to take all the help I can get! 🙂 IMG_8540On the miraculous day that Hadley took her first steps, my newest baby nephew was born on my side of the family. Coincidence? I think not! His name is Henry, and he is truly snuggly, precious, and perfect! It’s so fun for my sister and I to now experience motherhood together. IMG_8212Speaking of motherhood, according to my OBGYN, my stomach is “growing beautifully.” I have never had someone say that about my stomach before, and I choose to fully embrace the sentiment…when else in life is it a compliment? I absolutely love my doctor, she didn’t get to help deliver Hadley because she wasn’t on call, but I’d love if she got to this time. She told me the summer is the busiest season for babies being born, so maybe my December baby will be perfect timing? It’s just wonderful to have someone I trust so well, that is extremely professional yet also one of the easiest people to talk to—oh, and she doesn’t have any judgement over the questions I have no shame in asking! Here I am at 27 weeks, 2 days:
IMG_8671
We have cleared out, sold furniture, painted, and crown moulded our guest room Hadley’s soon-to-be new room, and hope for it to be done by/around October. And by we, I really mean Aaron! I am so thankful he’s so randomly skilled! This October goal will give her some time to adjust to her new room before baby comes, so she doesn’t associate such a change with a new baby. My girl is truly a creature of habit, just like me…so she will have time to acclimate to her new space. There’s still a lot to do, but we are having fun! My friend, Michelle helped me find Hadley’s exact Pottery Barn crib on Craigslist for quite a steal; we just got the table and chairs from Ikea ($20, can you believe that?!) and I plan to paint them a pretty gentle-aqua color. I am working on a watercolor portrait of our family to go on her wall, but I also just finished making this geometric art piece for her room, too. If you know me, I am pretty traditional, but I thought this was fun for a little toddler girl’s room. 🙂 IMG_8690

Not the best quality, but this was first thing in the morning, and she headed straight to her new table and chairs

We celebrated my stepdad’s birthday last weekend, and I made my tried-and-true pumpkin cupcakes with cream cheese frosting. They’re nice and light, so when you eat one you don’t feel too guilty about it. My recipe made a ton, so we’ve frozen quite a few and popped one out to have every night for dessert. Hadley had fun at her grandparents, and got plenty of attention from her Aunt Beth.

IMG_8508IMG_9739
On a last note, I made a yummy, quick lunch today. For some reason, lunch is always where I am completely uninspired. I am anemic this pregnancy (I also was with Hadley) and so by 11, I feel like I am about ready to pass out. This has been my favorite lunch yet: Trader Joe’s Chili (turkey, beef, or vegetarian), then I added a little frozen corn, a teaspoon of brown sugar, and let it simmer. I made some quinoa, then put the chili on top, and topped with some jack cheese. Nice and filling, and now I feel re-energized! Oh, and Hadley has been a meal-praying machine. We are now at the point where even when she’s handed a snack, she folds her hands and smiles at me, ready to say grace in thanks for her snack. Oh, how I love that child of mine! IMG_8694
IMG_8658

You Might Also Like

14 Comments

• Reply capriciouspropinquity September 17, 2014 at 1:14 pm

Such a happy updating post! I loved it:-)

• Reply henleyandhadley September 17, 2014 at 4:14 pm

Yay! Thank you! I love the picture of the walking cousins! <3

• Reply Kim September 17, 2014 at 1:28 pm

I get excited when my email dings at me & I see that you have a new blog post!I always love reading your blog! The art piece turned out great! And your lunchtime creation sounds delicious, annnd…. I really NEED to try one of those cup cakes! Yummmmmm!!! (&i may beg you for the recipe too!!) xo

• Reply henleyandhadley September 17, 2014 at 4:14 pm

My friend, you are wonderful. How do you always say the nicest things a friend can say? You get excited seeing my posts!? Get out of town! But I will take it, you are the best! And I would be delighted to share the pumpkin cupcake recipe!

• Reply LaDonna Aitchison September 17, 2014 at 1:34 pm

Loved reading your post. Thank you for sharing your wonderful life with babies. Love the art work and so happy to hear that you are thinking of Hadley’s adjustment to her new room and baby sister. Life will be so much fun in Dec. We always look forward to posts and pictures.

• Reply henleyandhadley September 17, 2014 at 4:13 pm

Can I just say how incredibly nice you are? Thank you so much for not just reading but enjoying my little updates and pictures- and for being supportive even in my little silly artistic adventures! Plenty more baby pictures and fun updates to come! <3

• Reply Becky Urell September 17, 2014 at 2:00 pm

I love that your eating to help with your anemia! Terrible thing to have during your pregnancy or just in general. Your a rock star mom!

• Reply henleyandhadley September 17, 2014 at 4:12 pm

I got the chili idea from you, but my carb-loving self needed a little something extra, so quinoa was a fair addition! 😉 Thanks for the love my dear!

• Reply Pam A September 17, 2014 at 2:29 pm

I loved your updates- it keeps me in the loop!! thanks for sharing and you are wise to move Hadley sooner than later!!!

• Reply henleyandhadley September 17, 2014 at 4:11 pm

Thanks so much for reading, Pam! I love that you care about being in the loop- that means a lot! 🙂 And I’ve gotta do anything to keep that girl of mine feeling loved and happy so we have a good transition come December 🙂

• Reply Aunt Jan September 18, 2014 at 4:31 am

I love reading your blog, Christie!! With living so far away, I get to experience some of your precious thoughts and experiences of being a Mom through your writing. Your words are written passionately and beautifully about your amazing love of both your sweet Hadley and your growing baby girl! Sharing your experiences of motherhood is a precious gift for all! You will so appreciate the time and effort of writing a blog someday when your girls are all grown up and you are trying to recall your beautiful memories of them as little ones .Keep writing and sharing your love of being a Mom. You are amazing! Love you so much! Aunt Jan

• Reply henleyandhadley September 18, 2014 at 6:30 pm

Aunt Jan! I love you for so many endless reasons, but thank you for always encouraging and loving on the person I am, and that we all are. You inspire me! You’ve always been a prime example of a mother that loves beyond measure- and I can only hope to be even a smidge similar to how amazing of a mom you are!

• Reply Lisa September 18, 2014 at 7:06 am

Love it! So cute. Thanks for keeping us in the loop! I cannot imagine the kids walking “later”….Jace walked at 9.5 months and that was so challenging….he was NOT ready for that and it was a really interesting few months lol! But you know how for less he is.

• Reply henleyandhadley September 18, 2014 at 6:29 pm

I love that you care about being in the loop, your family will always mean so much to me! Is it funny that I can completely, 100% imagine Jace walking at 9.5 months old? Your boy is the most perfect mixture of being active, loving, and bright. Not sure I ever told you this, but of the childhood pictures of my dad I’ve seen, Jace so reminds me of him–coincidence my dad was extremely athletic and had a wickedly-awesome sense of humor? hmmmm? 🙂